Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ranger's Apprentice "The Ruins of Gorlan" By John Flanagan

My library teacher recommended the book to me, and also the blurb featured comments from kids from years six and five. Some of the comments that caught my eye were...

"This book was so good I couldn't put it down... John Flanagan really kept me on edge."

&

"I couldn't get my eyes off the pages, it was too interesting to stop reading. I would definitely recommend this book to any person who is looking for an adventure".


People see Will as a small, weak boy, but truly he is fast and smart. Throughout his childhood he has dreamed of following in his unknown father's footsteps to become a knight of Castle Redmont. But when Will got rejected from battle school, all of him dreams are lost.

A mysterious stranger called Halt appeared out of the dark and requested that Will took up the job of being a sly and secret ranger. Will didn't like the idea of being a ranger because rumors have said that rangers work alone and are a secret group. But after a bit of hard work and training for Halt, Will changed his mind of hating rangers and instead now actually regrets ever discriminating them.

After long hours of training and hard work, Halt and Will finally set out on a desperate mission to prevent the assassination of the King.

"Ranger's Apprentice. The Ruins of Gorlan" is a fantastic book that I would recommend to anyone who like fantasy and adventure. The age group that I recommend is for boys and girls that are 12 years and over.


No comments:

Post a Comment